This policy may be amended at any point. In accordance with SPS policy, all students should “dress appropriately for school in ways that will not cause safety or health problems, or disruption.”
Students should select attire from the following list of options, five days a week:
- Plain white, navy blue, or black collared shirt, i.e. blouse, button-down, or polo style short or long-sleeved shirt (small brand logo acceptable). Short or long-sleeved t-shirts or turtlenecks are allowed under the same color collared shirt.
- Plain white, navy blue, or black pullover sweatshirts, sweaters, cardigans, vests, or fleece.
- Any top may include a small (under 4 inch) optional approved STEM owl mascot logo on the left breast. French Toast and Lands End both have approved logos.
- Plain navy blue, black or khaki pants, skirts, jumpers, shorts, skorts or collared dresses (no jeans, sweats or stretch pants).
- Plain navy blue, black or white tights or leggings may be worn under dresses, jumpers, skirts or skorts.
- Navy blue, black, khaki or white socks.
- Closed-toed shoes or boots.
- Hats are not permitted in classrooms but may be worn outside.
- Belts, hair accessories, jewelry, etc. should not distract from learning.
- STEM students with clothing-related religious practices may modify the uniform (e.g. head scarves).
- STEM students with special needs will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.