K-5 STEM at Boren has a mandatory school uniform and dress code policy. We believe our uniform for learning will help students be proud members of this learning community.
This policy can be amended by the school staff at any point.
In accordance with SPS policy, all students should “dress appropriately for school in ways that will not cause safety or health problems, or disruption.”
Students should select attire from the following list of options, five days a week:
• Plain white, navy blue, or black collared shirt, i.e. blouse, button-down, or polo style short or long-sleeved shirt (small brand logo acceptable). Short or long- sleeved t-shirts or turtlenecks in (white, navy blue, or black) are allowed under collared shirts.
• Plain white, navy blue, or black pullover sweatshirts, sweaters, cardigans, vests, or fleece.
• Plain navy blue, black or khaki pants, skirts, jumpers, shorts, skorts or collared dresses (no jeans, sweats or stretch pants).
• Plain navy blue, black or white tights or leggings may be worn under dresses, jumpers, skirts or skorts.
• Navy blue, black, khaki or white socks.
• Closed-toed shoes or boots.
• Hats are not permitted in classrooms but may be worn outside.
• Belts, hair accessories, jewelry, etc. should not distract from learning.
• STEM students with clothing-related religious practices may modify the uniform (e.g. head scarves).
• STEM students with special needs will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Last Updated: 8/15/14