In January, we will be putting together several Jr. FIRST LEGO League (Jr. FLL) teams and need volunteer mentors for each team. Jr. FLL is focused on building an interest in science and engineering in children ages 6-9. It is
a hands-on program designed to capture young children’s inherent curiosity and direct it toward discovering the possibilities of improving the world around them. This program features a real-world challenge, to be solved by research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches and the Jr.FLL Core Values, students work with LEGO elements and moving parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review.
For more information check out Washington FIRST Robotics.
What Is Involved?
- No experience necessary, a training session for mentors will be conducted in January (date to be determined)
- Teams will each have 6 students and 3 volunteer mentors
- Winter session to run for 8 weeks (February and March)
- Teams will meet once a week (for 1.5 – 2 hours) and display their project at the FIRST Robotics Competition on Saturday, March 30, 2013 at Century Link Events Center.
- Teams will meet at school – dates and times will be determined based on availability of volunteers
For questions and additional information contact Neil Bauersfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org. If interested in mentoring, please submit the form below: